Sending files to Computool :-
- WinZip or RAR compressed files, attached to email
Data files in general:-
- In the Case of IGES data: if the component/assembly consists of several smaller parts then a number of separate small files
representing each part would be preferable to one large file.
Alternatively, divide the part using levels or layers.
- In order to keep the size of the data files to a minimum it is preferable not to include any
unwanted details/geometry in the file.
- To check the integrity of the part, it is useful to have some form of hard copy.
Data Format - in order of preference :-
- SolidWorks parts or assembly (up to SW2010)
- Parasolid parts or assembly
- IGES surfaces or solids
- VDA-FS surfaces
- 3D IGES wire frame
- 3D VDA-FS wire frame
- 2D AutoCAD (.dwg) - R12, R13, R14 & 2000
- 2D DXF
- 2D IGES
- 2D hard copy
- Actual parts that require probe digitising or laser scanning
For further information contact Computool